Our commitment is to:
- Continuously improve our environmental performance.
- Manage our business operations to prevent pollution.
- Reduce the consumption of natural resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
- Consider environmental issues, climate impact and energy performance in the acquisition, design, refurbishment, location and use of buildings.
- Measure and take action to reduce the impact of greenhouse gas emissions from our business activities to meet our published objectives and targets.
- Ensure environmental and climate change criteria are taken into account in the procurement and provision of goods and services.
- Manage waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduction, reuse, and recycling, and take steps towards circularity.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation in the countries and territories where the business operates, as well as other environmental requirements to which SOKO Kenya subscribes.
To meet our commitments, we will:
- Provide board oversight and review of environmental policies and performance.
- Allocate resources or their effective direction and implementation.
- Work together with our employees, commercial partners, supply agents, suppliers, third-party brands, logistics providers, landlords and their agents to promote improved environmental performance.
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance at least annually.
- Continuously innovate to reduce our products’ and operations’ environmental and climate impact.
- Communicate internally and externally our environmental policy and performance on a regular basis and encourage feedback.
- Work towards relevant certifications, industry initiatives and targets.
- Communicate the importance of reducing our environmental and climate impact to employees.
- Provide information and opportunities for our customers to help them reduce their own carbon footprint and environmental impact.
- Review our environmental policy regularly.